If you're looking to start or advance your career in mining, then you might be wondering how you can get certified. Through RPL (recognition of prior learning), you may be able to get certified without having to complete a full formal education program and take your mining career to the next level.
The mining industry is a vital part of our economy, providing the raw materials we need to power our industries and manufacturing. There are many benefits to a career in mining, including:
- Good job security: The mining industry is a stable and secure industry to work in, with many opportunities for career advancement.
- Competitive salaries: Mining companies offer competitive salaries and benefits packages.
- Attractive Rosters: Many mining companies offer attractive rosters, which can include 1 to 2 weeks off at a time, on a Fly In Fly Out (FIFO) or Drive In Drive Out (DIDO) roster.
If you’re working in the industry, there are many opportunities for career advancement. While you don't need formal qualifications to get started in the mining industry, often higher-paying roles required a formal qualification or a trade license, such as:
- Diesel mechanics
- Machinery technicians
How can RPL help you advance your career in mining?
Having a formal qualification can open up many doors and lead to new opportunities in the mining industry. RPL (recognition of prior learning) is a process that can help you get certified without having to go through a formal education program.
If you have experience working in the mining industry, then you may be eligible for RPL. RPL assesses your skills and experience against the national training standards, and if you meet the required criteria, you will be awarded a nationally recognized qualification.
RPL can help you advance your career in mining by giving you the opportunity to:
- Get qualified for roles that require a formal qualification
- Upgrade your existing qualifications
- Learn new skills that can help you progress in your career
- Increase your earnings potential
Skills Certified Australia can help you with the RPL process, and guide you through every step of the way. We have a team of experienced staff who can help find the best qualification for your skills and experience and can match you with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that is best suited to your needs.
Get started by taking our free 60 seconds skills test to see if you're qualified.