The Queensland Building and Construction Commission or QBCC handles licences and registration of structural landscapers in Queensland.
Structural landscapers require a builders licence with structural landscaping as a licenced class to do any domestic building work valued $3,000 or more.
In order to be eligible for a QBCC structural landscaping licence in Queensland, you must present at least one the following nationally recognised qualifications:
- Level III or higher in Landscape Construction apprenticeship with the following units of the Certificate III in Landscape Construction AHC30910:
- AHCOHS301A Contribute to OHS processes
- AHCLSC301A Set out site for construction works
- AHCDRG301A Install drainage systems
- AHCPGD301A Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCLSC302A Construct landscape features using concrete
- AHCSOL302A Construct a soil profile
- AHCLSC303A Construct brick and/or block structures and features
- AHCLSC304A Erect timber structures and features
- AHCLSC305A Construct stone structures and features
- AHCLSC306A Implement a paving project
- AHCLSC307A Implement a retaining wall project
- AHCLSC308A Install metal structures and features
- AHCLSC309A Install water features
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying CPC30111
- Certificate III in Carpentry CPC30211
How to Apply
Follow these steps to apply for your trade contractor or building practitioner licence in Queensland:
- Complete your Trade Contractors Licence Application Form and provide the following documents -
- proof of identity
- financial information
- certificate of completion for the approved managerial course
- supporting documents that provide evidence of your experience, skills and technical qualifications.
You may lodge the application in person or mail it to the nearest QBCC office.
For more information for the current licensing requirements in Queensland, click here.
Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body