Plumbers and Drainers Licensing Board is the Northern Territory authority that regulates Journeyman registration cards and Advanced Tradesmen plumbers licenses.
Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you may apply for Journeyman registration as a drainer or plumber. As a registered journeyman, you may perform draining and plumbing work supervised by an Advanced Tradesman.
In order to carry supervise apprentices or journeymen, or to complete plumbing and drainage work in your own right, you must hold an Advanced Tradesman licence.
In order to become a licenced Advanced Tradesman, you require the following:
- 2+ years of post-trade work experience (gained as a registered unconditional Journeyman)
- A statement of attainment for completing the following units of competency:
- CPCPCM4011A Carry out work based risk control processes
- CPCPCM4012A Estimate and cost work
- BSBSMB401A Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- CPCPDR4011B Design and size sanitary drainage systems
- CPCPDR4012B Design and size stormwater drainage systems
- CPCPDR4013B Design and size domestic treatment plant disposal systems
- CPCPSN4011B Design and size sanitary plumbing systems
- CPCPWT4011B Design and size heated and cold water services and systems
- CPCPWT4022A Commission and maintain backflow prevention devices
- CPCPWT4023A Commission and maintain hot water temperature control devices
How to Apply
Lodge your plumbing licence application with the Territory Business Centre in Alice Springs, Darwin or Tennant Creek, or send it by email or conventional mail. In addition to the standard requirements, you must also provide evidence of access to Australian Standard ASNZS3500.
For more information for the current licensing requirements in the Northern Territory, click here.
Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body