South Australian law dictates that any business, partnership or individual who provides plumbing, electrical or gasfitting services should be a licensed contractor. Likewise, anyone (including a builder) who carries out plumbing, gasfitting or electrical work, must carry worker's registration from Consumer and Business Services.
In order to be eligible for a South Australia plumbers licence, you must have any of the following qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Plumbing Services (CPC40911)
- Certificate III in Gas Fitting (CPC32711)
- Certificate III in Plumbing (CPC32411) including Plumbing Streams (Water, Drainage, Sanitary, and Gas Fitting)
How to Apply
Follow the steps outline below to apply for your plumbing licence in South Australia.
- Complete the application form, and include a copy of your Confirmation of Contract of Training and a photo.
- Lodge your application, along with all the documentation, supporting paperwork and the applicable fees at the Adelaide CBS Service Centre.
Alternatively, you may apply via the Government of South Australia website, by completing the online application form page titled “Online Application for Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Licence”.