QLD Builder’s Licenses
Queensland Building and Construction Commission regulates local building licences, which are required for:
- any building work totalling more than $3,300.
- any building work that involves hydraulic services design and total more than $1,100.
- any building work that involves site classification, building design (low rise, open or medium rise), residential building inspection, fire protection, termite management, gas fitting, plumbing, and drainage.
The following types of individuals do not require a QBCC:
- licensee / sub-trade contractor of a licenced contractor
- partner to a licensee
- property owner performing work on his / her own property
The specific licence class will determine the required qualifications, which may include any of these:
- Statement of accomplishments of the required units applicable to the licence class.
- Certificate of recognition which qualifies the individual to carry out the type and scope of work required by the licence class.
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) CPC40110 or successful completion of an equivalent course.
- Diploma of Building and Construction (CPC50210).
How to Apply
- Select the appropriate licence type from the list provided on the QBCC website.
- Complete the Builder and Designer Experience Form as well as the Builders Licence Application Form and attach details pertaining to at least 2-4 years of relevant building experience, including:
- proof of identity
- technical qualifications
- 3 written references
- financial information
- Lodge your application in person or per post to your nearest QBCC office. Applications are typically processed in 6-8 weeks.
- Successful applicants are notified by mail, which will include the allowed scope of work for the appropriate licence class, as well as their licence number.
Take the next step
Make the right choice for your career and work with the team at Skills Certified. We understand that discovering how to get a building license and what you need to successfully navigate the licensing system can be a challenge, so we make it easy, connecting you with experienced professionals who can offer quality advice unique to your circumstances.
Discuss your requirements with our team today and find out how we could support you. Call us on 1300 885 695 or send us an email at [email protected] and one of our staff will be in touch.
Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body