Building Practitioners Board regulates trade licensing in Northern Territory. You do not need a bricklaying licence to carry out building work or provide services, unless the work is valued over $12,000. A licensed tradesperson or builder can render such service.
*See the relevant scope of work as well as registration and licensing conditions for Building Contractor Residential (Unrestricted) and Building Contractor Residential (Restricted).
You need to meet the following requirements if you want to register as a Building Contractor Residential (Restricted):
- Certificate IV in Building/Certificate IV in Building and Construction (specified units) OR equivalent course or units, OR a statement of attainment of the required competencies
- 3+ years of relevant experience
You need to meet the following requirements if you want to register as a Building Contractor Residential (Unrestricted):
- Meet the specified qualifications
- 3+ years practical experience
- 3+ independent references
How to Apply
Lodge your application form together with supporting documents at your nearest Service Tasmania shop, or via regular mail or email.
For more information for the current licensing requirements in the Northern Territory, click here.
Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body