Scope of work
- Install, commission, service or repair refrigeration, air conditioning, mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building
- Design and prepare plans and specifications for:
- refrigeration systems for a building, or
- air conditioning and mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building:
- that is not more than 3 storeys, and
- that has a floor area of not more than 2000m², and
- for which the plant capacity for any 1 system for the building is not more than 34kW
- that do not form part of a fire or smoke hazard management system for the building
- but, only if the plans and specifications are:
- for the licensee's personal use, or
- for use in building work to be performed by the licensee personally.
Qualifications required for your trade license
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- successful completion of a course the commission considers equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified refrigeration and airconditioning mechanic
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
For more information for the current licensing requirements in Queensland, click here.