The Victorian Building Authority (VBA)'s Building Practitioners Board issues licences to building practitioners in Victoria. Structural landscapers require a Domestic Builder-Limited (DB-L) registration with the indicated licence code as structural landscaping to do any domestic building work valued $5,000 or more.
In order to be eligible for a Domestic Builder Limited (DB-L) structural landscaping licence in Victoria, you must present the following nationally recognised qualifications:
- AHC30910 Certificate III in Landscape Construction, or any of the following -
- RUH30498 Certificate III in Horticulture (Landscape), TAFE course #0672
- Certificate III in Landscaping, TAFE course #1581
- RTF30403 Certificate III in Horticulture (Landscape)
- AHC30910 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
The VBA will assess your experience against the competencies provided in the above courses, if you have not yet completed any of the above certificates.
How to Apply
Follow these steps to obtain your Domestic Builder Limited (DB-L) structural landscaping licence.
Obtain and complete the following documents from the VBA website:
- Domestic Builder Registration Application Form
- National Police Checking Service Informed Consent Form
- Statement of Experience
Your application can be mailed or lodged in person at the VBA.
Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body