Consumer and Business Services (CBS) of South Australia regulates builder's licences in South Australia and only licence holders may carry out any building work. In order to qualify for a builder's licence in SA, you must be able to show acquired qualifications and practical experience.
Any one of the following qualifications will be acceptable:
- Contractors Management Program Certificate IV
- Business Management for Building 1 (AQF4) or Building Management 2 (AQF5)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (CPC40110)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (CPC50210)
How to Apply
To apply, use one of the following options:
- Complete, print, sign and date the online form and send it to the Adelaide customer service centre or to a regional CBS Service SA office along with supporting documents and relevant fees.
- Call 131-882 and request that a staff member complete the form for you. They will then send it to you for approval and signing.
- Visit the CBS Customer Service Centre at 91 Grenfell Street to apply in person.
For more information for the current licensing requirements in South Australia, click here.