Consumer and Business Services (CBS) of South Australia regulates builder's licences in South Australia and only licence holders may carry out any building work. In order to qualify for a builder's licence in SA, you must be able to show acquired qualifications and practical experience.
Any one of the following qualifications will be acceptable:
- Contractors Management Program Certificate IV
- Business Management for Building 1 (AQF4) or Building Management 2 (AQF5)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (CPC40110)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (CPC50210)
How to Apply
To apply, use one of the following options:
- Complete, print, sign and date the online form and send it to the Adelaide customer service centre or to a regional CBS Service SA office along with supporting documents and relevant fees.
- Call 131-882 and request that a staff member complete the form for you. They will then send it to you for approval and signing.
- Visit the CBS Customer Service Centre at 91 Grenfell Street to apply in person.
For more information for the current licensing requirements in South Australia, click here.
Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body