Fair Trading NSW issues licences to building practitioners in New South Wales. Glaziers require a builders licence with the indicated licence class as glazing.
The contractor licence will allow you to advertise, contract and carry out work described on your licence card.
In order to be eligible for a NSW building contractor licence in the glazing licensing class, applicants must present one of the following qualifications:
- Completion of LMF30611 or MSF30413 Certificate III in Glass & Glazing (specialising in Glazing), or any of the following:
- LMF30602 Certificate III in Glass & Glazing
- TAFE Qualification 5792 Certificate III in Glass and Glazing, Trade TAFE course #7958
- Certificate III in Glass and Glazing, TAFE course #2135
- Certificate III in Glass, Flat, TAFE course #0109.
You may also present an equivalent qualification, as recognised through recognition of prior learning.
How to Apply
Fair Trading NSW supplies all the necessary forms and mandatory checklists on their website. All completed applications and supporting documents must still be lodged in person at the your nearest Government Access Centre or Service NSW.
For more information for the current licensing requirements in New South Wales, click here.