The NSW Department of Fair Trading regulates trade licences in New South Wales. You need a licence to complete any build-related work valued over $5,000 (including materials and labour), or someone who is licenced and registered must supervise the work.
In order to meet the requirements of the bricklaying licence, you must carry any of the following trade certificates:
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (BCG30103)
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (CPC30108)
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (CPC30111)
- Certificate III in Bricklaying Trade TAFE course #5159
- Qualification 4640 Certificate III in Bricklaying Trade TAFE course #2160
- Certificate III in General Construction – Bricklaying/Blocklaying (BCG30698) TAFE course #8064
How to Apply
Simply submit the following information to your nearest Government Access Centre or Service NSW:
- Completed application form
- Checklist for Individual Applicants - Other Building and Trade Work Categories
- Proof of identity
For more information for the current licensing requirements in New South Wales, click here.
Please contact your state’s licensing body for up to date information as requirements do change. Skills Certified Australia is not an RTO or licensing body